The following links also provide important information about eligibility:
- A Guide to Crime Victims’ Compensation in State of Utah
- Frequently Asked Questions
- View/print a PDF of the Claim Application
The agency provides a safety net for individuals who have no other way to pay for costs – including but not limited to medical bills, counseling expenses, burial and funeral costs, and lost wages – resulting from being victims of crime. Family members of crime victims also may be eligible for help.
I am a victim seeking restitution
- Is the court case ongoing?
- Contact the prosecutor
- Was the defendant placed on probation?
- Contact the Board of Pardons and Parole, Adult Probation and Parole, or the Court
- Was the defendant sent to prison?
- Contact the Board of Pardons and Parole
I Was Ordered to be Paid Restitution
I was ordered to pay restitution-How do I make payments?
Do I owe Restitution to UOVC?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include name and court case number